Are you ready to give an old piece of furniture new life? Or redo your deck?
Follow these tips about how to best use paint stripper to get the job done fast and effectively!
- Check the label to ensure that the product you are using does what you want for the job. For example, Super Remover New Generation works on wood, metal and concrete. We also recommend that you check to make sure that the product does not use Benchmark 1 chemicals (such as methylene chloride) which are commonly used in paint stripping products and are deadly.
- When you strip a piece of furniture start at the top and apply stripper from the top to the bottom.
- Pro tip: if you are working on a vertical surface, place New Generation in the refrigerator for an hour before you start to make the stripper thicker.
- If you are stripping a flat surface, like a door, remove it and lay it flat so it’s easier to apply an even layer of stripper. It will also be easier to remove the stripper from a flat surface.
- We recommend that you use paint stripper outside, if possible, for better ventilation.
- How long is takes paint stripper to work depends on the surface it is being applied to. We recommend trying a small section to see if it’s ready before removing from the whole area.
With these tips you will be ready to get your next paint stripping project started! Keep in mind that stripping finishes can be a tedious job but with a little patience, you can give new life to your pieces.